Monday, August 6, 2012

August Photo a Day Challenge Day 5: Logo

The photo a day prompt was "logo" yesterday. I meant to take a picture of the 300 East logo when I worked last night, but didn't remember until I arrived home. I scoured the house searching for interesting logos. How is it I could find so few? Certainly not many of interest. Eventually I settled the Farrah's Harrogate Toffee tin, emblazoned with John Farrah's signature. Harrogate Toffee is a tasty treat, designed in 1840 to clear the palate of Harrogate's sulfurous "healing" water (which was what made Harrogate famous as a spa town in the 19th century).

Photo a Day - Logo:

Taken with my Samsung Dart


While searching for a history of Farrah's Harrogate Toffee and of Harrogate's healing waters, I came across these interesting posters:



Today I suppose I'm enjoying all things British - fitting with the Olympics once again being in London!

The photo prompt for today is "writing," so I'll be back later to post more. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment