Thursday, October 6, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 6

A photo of my hair: this was actually a surprisingly difficult photo to get...I'm still not sure what I think of the results. What do you think?

Photo taken with my Traveler XS 40 digital camera

This weekend I have several interesting, artsy events & such on my plate, and on Saturday I am planning to bring out my Canon AE-1 Program camera (the favourite of my cameras) to shoot the last of a black & white roll of film.

Tomorrow evening I will be attending Charlotte Art League's Art Beyond Sight Annual Exhibit Opening from 6-9pm. The exhibit will feature tactile works of art for the blind and visually impaired, created by both blind & sighted artists in the Charlotte area, and will run from 7-28 October. My mom, Ugly Stepsister, is among the artists who participated in this exhibit, and I can't wait to see her work on display!

For Saturday, I am looking forward to attending Carolina Claymatters Fall Pottery Festival, where one of my friends will be selling her lovely pottery pieces. There will be over 50 potters from the Carolinas, with a wide variety of styles, gathered at the site of an old dairy farm at McAlpine Business park from 10am to 4pm. I am bringing my Canon with me to the festival and am excited about using my favourite camera for the first time in a long long while (if only film wasn't quite so expensive!). Hopefully I'll also be able to buy a piece, as I think I might actually have enough extra money for once to be able to spend it on some art! We've also been invited by Ethan Uslan, the fantastic pianist from Charlotte Chamber Music's First Tuesday Concert the other day, to go to Petra's Piano Bar later Saturday night, where Ethan will playing & is bringing some young Romanians he is hosting. I've never been to Petra's before, but it sounds very cool and it will be awesome to hear Ethan play again.

I'll look forward to posting photos and tales from this weekend here at Mahogany Images! What are your plans for the weekend? Will you be doing something exciting, or will it be more of a relaxing weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment