Sunday, October 9, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 8

For Day 7's challenge, a photo of me with a friend, I actually have two pictures!
Today I went to the Carolina Claymatters Fall Pottery Festival where my friends Elaine & John had a tent set up to sell their fabulous pottery. It was a gorgeous day to be outside...75F & sunny all day, and a good time was had by all!
Here Elaine & I are in the tent:
Photo taken with my Traveler XS 40 digital camera

 And our cowboy boots were just begging to be photographed!:
Photo taken with my Traveler XS 40 digital camera

Since I brought my Canon AE-1 Program with me, I was mainly focused on photographing with it, therefore I won't have many more pottery festival photos until I get that film developed (soon I hope!). The festival, which happens each fall & spring, takes place on the grounds of an old dairy barn. At the site there is a really cool old barn & silos which have been condemned. I got a couple photos of them, but I am planning to go back soon to get some better pictures of them when they aren't surrounded by tents & cars & such.

I do have one more digital photo to share from today, of the work of my friend Gary, whom I hadn't seen in several years. It's always great to run into old friends at an event like that! The way the vases, shadows, & trees were all arranged, combined with the lighting, seemed really cool to me:
Photo taken with my Traveler XS 40 digital camera

All of my photos from this evening at Petra's Piano Bar were taken with the Canon film camera, so I have none to share (yet), but hearing Ethan & the Romanian young man he is hosting play piano was a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how my photos came out, as the lighting in Petra's was extremely dim and I had forgotten to bring my flash. In any case, I can't wait to get all my film from today developed, especially since the first roll I shot had about 12 mystery photos on it - whatever could they be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment