Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Fave Photos from 20 Sept. to 5 Oct.

All photos taken with my Traveler XS 40 digital camera.

When I burned this blue candle, it ended up with this really cool lace pattern at the top of the candle. Photographing the lace pattern turned out to be quite challenging, and on top of that my camera kept wanting to make everything look very yellow. For some reason in low light it tends to make everything look yellow-orange-red, and in brighter light everything ends up blindingly white. I've tried playing around with all the settings and have yet to find ones that reliably provide a desirable white balance. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's basically a point & shoot camera, so there aren't that many settings to change (I suspect that is actually part of the problem)... Anyway, this is my favourite from the candle photo shoot.

I actually like how the white balance pretty much wiped out everything but my harmonica & its shadow in this picture.

Duke Energy Center, the second tallest building in Charlotte.

Approaching The Green, with St. Peter's Catholic Church visible, on my way to visit the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.

Pumpkin Season is here, and this is the light up pumpkin who is living on our front stoop until November.

On top of  my car, just hanging out, getting a slightly different perspective on things.

Sitting on the back deck, reading, chatting with my Cousins & friends.  :)

I took a lot of shoe pictures today. Well, my blue Levi's are one of my favourite pairs of shoes!

Buddha medallion hanging from my mala (Tibetan/Nepalese prayer beads).


No comments:

Post a Comment